In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-sixty-fourth edition:
- The rise and fall of the Dungeon Master - A new anti-pattern.
- “There Shall Be no Bugs” Is a Dangerous Pipe Dream - Sometimes, it seems like we could write bug-free code, if only we all used $paradigm-language-or-framework-of-the-week. Alas…
- !!Con 2016 - Code in Spaaaaaace!!!!! by Katie Bechtold - How to write code when the machine running it is far, far, really far away, and rapidly travelling farther away?
- Exceptions and Observers - How to use Ruby’s implementation of the observer pattern without breaking contracts.
- Elixir Is Neat But What Can You Actually Do With It? - An interesting alternative to trying to blindly port all your Rails skills to an Elixir-Phoenix project.
- Internships: Good for the Intern, Great for the Team - Internships as a chance to increase diversity, niceness, thinking and learning in your company.