In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-eightieth edition:
- Coraline Ada Ehmke on CodeNewbie - A really insightful, intense and interesting episode of CodeNewbie about Social Justice.
- linter-alex - An atom plugin to make writing gender-neutral and less inconsiderate.
- How to find your first Open Source bug to fix - a very beginner-friendly, short guide to contributing to Open Source
- How Dropbox securely stores your passwords - Dropbox has an interesting approach on how they store their passwords.
- Security Design: Stop Trying to Fix the User - Bruce Schneier argues that user security education is often counterproductive.
- Nanolaw with Daughter - A sci-fi short story about a possible lawsuit-filled future.
- whirly - Terminal spinners for your Ruby CLI.
- typora - Super neat, minimalistic and promising looking Markdown editor (free during beta).
- Vienna.rb Goes Minima - Vienna.rb Site Redesign using “Plain Vanilla” Jekyll w/ Gem-Packaged Minima Theme.
- Jekyll 3.3 - What’s News? - Gem-Packaged Themes Now w/ Assets, New relative_url, absolute_url filters, and much more.
- Qk/Quik Gem-Packaged Jekyll Theme Starter Scaffold - a new scaffold for gem-packaged jekyll themes that mirrors/copies the
- Dr Jekyll’s Top 22 Themes - top 22 jekyll themes ranked by github stars; and the winner is…