In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-seventy-sixth edition:
- Intro to databases - … for people who don’t know a whole lot about them
- A whole new GitHub Universe - GitHub just unveiled a ton of new features at GitHub Universe
- Oh shit, git! - First git aid for when something’s screwed up
- Julie Zhuo on the Lessons of Good Design - Her advice is applicable to programming as well
- On Beta Testing - Brent Simmons explains how they ran the Vesper beta test, and what distinguishes a good beta test
- I’m an Adult and I Choose Java - Awesome episode of my favorite podcast, “demystifying” the world of Android development, Kotlin and Sean’s scooter-wifi.
- Resumable File Uploads in Ruby - Interesting background information on tooling choices when developing tus-ruby-server (a tool to tackle large file uploads in Ruby).
- Pry: A Simple Start - Into to some nifty features of my favorite REPL: pry