In a little series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, funsies… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the second edition:
- git-code-review - An extension to git to help you with doing regular code reviews of other team members' commits.
- Essentials of Garbage Collection - This is a very nice approach on understanding how GC works and what it does.
- If you are busy you do it wrong - A bit older, but shows you why ‘elite performers’ perform the way they do. It’s not only the genius that matters.
- git-wtf - a script to display the state of your repository in a readable and easy-to-scan format.
- Benchmarking in Ruby - a short overview and nice examples.
- Sequel - The Database Toolkit for Ruby (especially if you use PostgreSQL)
- tmux Quick Start - Just what I needed: a brief introduction to what tmux can do and how it works.
- Glitché - Ridiculous, but oh so awesome: Glitché (iPhone app) Distort your photos using computer errors and bugs
- Karaoke - There’s a KaraokeParty at the Metalab this Friday. You don’t want to miss that for the world. Believe me.