In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the thirty-seventh edition:
- Projects - A list of practical projects to be solved in any language.
- The Mathematical Reality of Reality - An interview with cosmologist Max Tegmark.
- Cruncher - An implementation of Bret Victor’s Scrubbing Calculator.
- Spacegray - A set of minimal Sublime Text 2/3 themes.
- Sublime Ruby Debugger - Debugger plugin for interactive ruby and RoR debugging on Sublime Text.
- CDN for Rails - Setting up a cloudfront CDN for Rails.
- Connection Pooling - Setting ActiveRecord’s connection pool size on Heroku with Puma or Sidekiq
- FFmpeg Security - FFmpeg and a thousand fixes
- Martin Fowler: Branch by Abstraction - Make a large-scale change while releasing regularily.
- Mocks are “breaking encapsulation” - Grzegorz Gałęzowski disagrees with his notions (and I agree with him).
- Extreme Programming, a Reflection - Uncle Bob Martin gives a lot of nostalgia a reality check. We’ve come far!