In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-eighteenth edition:
- Opal IRB - Interactive Ruby for Opal (an interactive console in the browser for testing your code interactively)
- Continuous integration demo - A tutorial/playground for people who want to get into the CI world
- The benefits & challenges of being part of 2 programs at the same time - One of the RGSoC teams has written about their setup to get focused and work together, as a team, successfully.
- 5 Reasons to Use Protocol Buffers Instead of JSON For Your Next Service - If you are looking for a faster, more structured, language agnostic way to push data across the wire in your hipsterific webservice layer, you might want to have a look at protocol buffers
- GRPC - general Remote Procedure Call is a language agnostic serialization framework that uses Protocol Buffers behind the scenes
- grpc-common - Here is a grpc repo with implementations in different languages to help you get started.
- ROSSConf Berlin - It’s really happening. Pair on Ruby, Bundler and Ruby Object Mapper, amongst other projects September 26th.
- HTML & CSS resources - Cousins / siblings / friends / loved ones that want to get into code? Codecademy just added great projects to their Web Fundamentals track.
- #ILookLikeAnEngineer - Can’t. Stop. Scrolling. Very inspirational.
- Planet Jekyll’s Showcase - The World’s Greatest Static Sites
- Dr. Jekyll’s Themes - Static Site Theme Directory
- Jekyll Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s) and Answers
- Jekyll Quickref Series - YAML for Datafiles ‘n’ Collections