In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-thirty-fifth edition:
- Nanoc - Yet Another Static Site Generator written in Ruby. Because we can!
- What Open Source project should I contribute to? - A good, solid post to help you through making your first contribution, complete with a list of resources
- Flexbox Froggy - If you’ve been hiding under a rock (or a lilypad) this week, you probably haven’t seen flexbox froggy: THE game to help you learn CSS flexbox!
- John Carmack’s Deep Thoughts: Ideas, Work, and Emotion - John Carmack has done some amzing things over the years. In a talk at facebook, he laid out how he does it.
- Pushing to the Git Working Copy on a Web Server - Sometimes, you’d just like to push to a Git repo, and have your changes magically appear in the server’s working directory. This shows you how to do that.
- PostgreSQL Locking Revealed - Postgres can handle a lot of concurrent reads and writes, but sometimes you’ll run into deadlocks. This guide shows you what operation requires what kind of lock, and how compatible they are among each other.