In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-sixty-fifth edition:
- Awesome cryptography - A curated list of cryptography resources and links
- Making Open Source data more available - Github have released a dataset in collaboration with Google to expand on the GitHub archive
- How to Write a Git Commit Message - Pair with Tim Pope’s A Note About Git Commit Messages
- Machine Learning Advice for Developers
- How I became (and stayed) a successful programmer
- Rails for API-only Applications - Rails5’s API-only mode, an awesome starting point for your stripped down Rails app as a Sinatra alternative.
- ActiveModel::Serializer - Nifty (and best) approach to have your app speak JSON, including caching and json:api spec compatible deserialization for Rails' strong parameters.
- Behavior-Driven Rails 5 API - Nice tutorial on BDD for a json:api spec compatible Rails5 API, using Rspec request specs.