In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-seventy-second edition:
- How Exhaustion Became a Status Symbol - Turns out, we’ve always been bad at managing ourselves and our time.
- The Fallacy Of ReUse
- Thoughts on Uber’s List of Postgres Limitations - When Uber announced that they were switching from PostgreSQL to MySQL, a lot of FUD followed. Simon Riggs tries to clear it up.
- Intro to Avro - Nifty data serialization solution for the hassles you have to deal with in Ruby microservice architectures.
- Phoenix Channels vs Rails Action Cable - What’s the best tool for your usecase?
- Owning Ownership - Sean Griffin on how thinking about ownership can make your code more explicit.