In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the one-hundred-eighty-fifth edition:
- Finding time to become a better developer - It’s often hard to keep up with all the frameworks and languages without getting lost in them, so here’s a good overview of the things you should keep in mind.
- A Rubyist’s Guide to Big-O Notation - Just what it says.
- Consequences of an insightful algorithm - The Keynote from RubyConf 2015 by Carina C. Zona, on the ethics of using data in our systems, sometimes with unforeseen consequences.
- How to Read Unfamiliar Code - A talk by Josh Matthews, going into general strategy when familiarizing yourself with an unknown codebase
- Over-engineering (the root of all evil)
- How Meetup Ditched Its Boys Club - Story of Meetup transforming their company to be a more diverse place.
- 3 Days with Sandi Metz - Experience and lesson learned by a super stoked attendee of Sandi Metz‘ “POODNYC” course.
- How to write an MVC framework in Ruby - Awesome tutorial on writing a Rack-based MVC framework from scratch.