In a series on this website we’ll entertain YOU with our picks - or: what we think is worth sharing - every week. Books, articles, gems, fun stuff… you’re in for an eclectic mix! So, here’s for the two-hundredth edition:
- How to Stop Hating Your Tests - How your tests can go wrong, and what to do about it.
- Testing Ruby’s Unicode Support - It’s definitely improved since 1.8, but there are still some pitfalls you should be aware of.
- Communicating Intent - How to use Rust’s type system to communicate intent.
- Data Transfer Object in Ruby - DTOs, a helpful pattern to save your business logic from getting too cluttered with huge parameter lists and data transformations.
- A Career Retrospective - Somewhat alarming, sad but also inspiring writeup of “10 years working in tech” by the awesome Sailor Mercury.
- Phoenix 1.3 - Interesting talk on the changes in Phoenix and the thoughts and motivation behind them.